Recently I have been discussing at length the opposition to permanent exclusions.
I wrote about the ideology behind some of this.
- The Progressive Narrative on Behaviour. Part 1
- The Progressive Narrative on Behaviour. Part 2
- The Progressive Narrative on Behaviour Part 3
I also wrote about what happens when schools don’t permanently exclude:
There have been a few recurring arguments that permanent exclusions, as they currently happen, are unfair. I wrote posts addressing whether they are unfair because of SEND or because of racism.
- Are Exclusions Fair? Part 1: SEND
- Are Exclusions Fair? Part 2: Race
- Are Exclusions Fair? Part 3: The Perpetrators
Ultimately the strongest argument to protect the right of schools to exclude is that of safety. While opponents of school exclusions seem to think that young people are permanently excluded to manipulate exam results…
View original post 1,502 more words