In previous years while my classes have done pretty well in Year 12 and 13 the workload for me has been unsustainably high. I have tried to figure out a way of reducing workload whilst keeping levels of pupil engagement and results high.
This was partly prompted by the new A level. It was decided that we would plan the new A level pretty much from scratch and I thought as I was required to plan all over again I might as well give some serious thought to how I was going to teach the new course.
I decided to try something new. Ordinarily I split each topic up and teach one or two things in each lesson over the 1 or 2 weeks the topic lasts for. This year for every topic I’ve taught the entire topic within the first lesson or 2. I then set them a mixture…
View original post 817 more words