The other day StarLightMckenzie led a @UKGovChat discussion on “How can governors ensure SEND gets the attention it deserves?” There were some very important questions raised during the discussion. I thought it would be helpful to collate them here.
- Do you consider it good practice to have a single SEND Governor even though it’s the responsibility of whole GB?
- Where SEND is key role for one governor, how do we ensure the rest of the GB take responsibility?
- Does it make a difference if the SEND governor has SEND themselves or is the parent of a SEND child?
- Should the SENDCo work closely with and report to the SEND Governor, if there is one, to ensure best practice for all?
- How often shold the SEND governor meet with the SENDCo?
- Is it better for the SEND Governor role to be taken on by a parent, community or staff…
View original post 112 more words