I visited Michaela Community School today.
Traditionally, posts about visits to the school tend to say:
- It was like no other school;
- The behaviour is the best ever;
- There are routines for everything;
- The levels of achievement are unprecedented;
- The pedagogy was new and exciting.
In a way it didn’t really live up to that for me. And I don’t mean that as a criticism, I just think the great things about the school are not so exotic or different. I think that much of what they do can be seen in schools up and down the country; I just think that few of those schools are state comprehensives.
I worked for a couple of terms at a selective, independent school and also a term in a girls grammar school. The behaviour at those schools was just as good and the achievement probably better (although given I’m talking about highly…
View original post 581 more words