In case you’re interested, this is what I think and what I do.
Thoughts on where I think some schools/leaders/teachers go wrong:
- Thinking more writing = more learning.
- Every lesson, students must write X amount.
- A teacher needs to write on a piece of work
- ‘Teaching’ lessons to cover content is more important than reflecting, redrafting and improving on prior work/learning
- Every piece of student writing has to be marked in the same way to the same depth
- All student work (including homework) must result in some sort of recordable result
- Conflating marking with assessment/reading work/feedback
- Having the same policy for all subjects including frequency and methods
- Believing the colour of pens matter beyond being different colours
To give some context I teach 18 classes. 3 are GCSE groups, the rest are core RE with lessons ranging from 1-3 times a fortnight. They use 3 different formats for…
View original post 1,443 more words