So, what is so good about conferences. When you have a stack of work to do and a family and heck there is all that stuff on work life balance, why oh why attend a conference in London Thought I might try to justify this to myself as I return home from ASCL 2015 or #ascl2015 as we tweeters say!
1) Networking – well with so many people this felt fairly tricky. However by nature you meet people, at meal times, over coffee and in sessions. I like to somehow benchmark my own thinking on topics. So as an example when I was at a session on Ofsted, did I know:
- “most” of what we were hearing?
- do I understand and comprehend it any better?
- what does it mean to me and my school or staff or pupils?
- am I clearer what we have to do next?
That is less easy…
View original post 1,217 more words