There is now an additional, partly editable version of the Ultimate UK education blog list here.
The editable columns are to begin collecting data about the blogs. Please edit it to inform us about yourself, or any other bloggers you know. The information will be used only to publicise the blogs and to answer the question of who blogs about education in the UK.
The information wanted is
- Twitter Name: People are always asking me how to find their favourite bloggers on Twitter.
- Gender: This should be M, F, Unknown (intended for anonymous bloggers) and N/A (intended for group blogs).
- Subject: This is intended to identify when a blogger mainly teaches one subject. If you teach many subjects (like most primary teachers) put “N/A”.
- Role: As broad a description as possible. Preferably just Teacher/TA/Head/Consultant. No need to say if you are an AST or have a TLR.
- Sector: This is to identify what type of school, institution or organisation people specialise in. i.e. Early Years/Primary/Secondary/Special/FE/HE/Company/Charity. Please list PRUs separately from special schools.
- Region or Country: As simple a description as possible. Probably best to list London, Wales and Scotland in their own right. Otherwise just give directions (e.g. North West, East Midlands etc.)
- Notes: If (and only if) something is unclear in the previous information add it here. You can identify your own company or organisation here, but please don’t do so for others.
- Checked By Author: If you are the writer of a listed blog, put the date here if you have seen the details given about you and your blog and think them correct.
Please don’t put anything confidential down. Also, if anyone knows anything about it, can you please advise if I’m breaking any data protection rules.
Thank you for any help you can give.
NB: The basic list, without all the other information, can still be found here.