My considered advice for education bloggers (complete with explanations of my opinions and discussion) can be found here.
However, below you read my quick tips. Some may be similar, but these were ones I posted on Twitter a few days ago, and as a result are based mainly on blind prejudice, no justification and little thought.
Hope they are helpful.
- “Musings” and “Ramblings” are massively overused in blog titles. Try “meanderings”. (Or maybe not)
- Use WordPress. Hosted on WordPress. Really.
- Pick an unambiguous title. I’m still justifying and explaining mine almost 8 years later.
- If you use the words “learning” or “teaching” in your blog title make the other words memorable. eg. Learning Hippo. Seriously, these two words are much overused. There are actually two different blogs called “Learning Science”.
- You don’t have to write only about education, but set out your stall early. Don’t start write about…
View original post 221 more words