In response to a request for constructive criticism of theEnglish assessment model I helped design, Michael Tidd got in touch to query whether it met his 7 questions you should ask about any new ‘post-levels’ assessment scheme.
For the record, these questions are:
- Can it be shared with students?
- Is it manageable and useful for teachers?
- Will it identify where students are falling behind soon enough?
- Will it help shape curriculum and teaching?
- Will it provide information that can be shared with parents?
- Will it help to track progress across the key stage?
- Does it avoid making meaningless sub-divisions?
Read more on The Learning Spy…