This post was prompted by a recent blog , ‘Would you recommend teaching?’ ( find it here ) courtesy of @secretteacher6.
With 23 years of teaching , I feel reasonably qualified to express my views.
Yes, I would heartily recommend teaching as a career if you are:-
1) Passionate about your subject/specialism
2) Genuinely like young people/children and have patience and humour by the bucket load
3) Self motivated and very well organised
4) Thick skinned enough to cope with difficult patents/managers/colleagues/students but human enough to care
5) A risk taker and prepared to learn alongside the children
6) Adaptable and flexible