I doubt I invented the supermarket checkout date game, but I do not mind if someone wants to say I did. If you buy something for less than twenty pounds, then see if you can name an event that happened at that time. The scoring works as follows:
- 10 points – you can name something that happened just in that year
- 5 points – you can name something that happened before, during and after that year
- 1 point – you can name something that happened in that decade but not in that year
So, for example:
- £14.53 please. Fall of Constantinople. 10 points.
- That’ll be £19.15. First World War. 5 points.
- £18.69. Austro-Prussian War. 1 point.
What is the point of this game? Not a great deal. The checkout person might look at me a bit strangely and say ‘ooh, you’re good at history’. Apart from, based on what they…
View original post 961 more words