Some very short thoughts and some questions on the demise of levels.
- Quo vadis KS2 SATS? I mean, if there’s no such thing as nationally benchmarked levels, what’s the point?
- How will we know if the new “GCSEs” have had a positive/negative/no effect if we can’t correlate their outcomes with a national benchmark earlier in the system?
- Progress measures – what will Ofsted use?
- Someone’s going to have to re-engineer the Ofsted Dashboard.
- Bye bye FFT?
- Commercially it’s going to be a bun-fight with everyone selling their own assessment schemas.
- Makes the introduction of non-NC linked technology systems easier (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21683616) *innocentface*
- Potentially creates some problems for teachers moving from school to school – having to learn a whole new assessment schema.
Even though I am, as my colleague (correctly) described me today, an analytical type who likes to categorise and order things (and I still say it was meant…
View original post 392 more words